test

Alberto Contador Submits Official Defense Documents in Doping Case

News & Results

11/26/2010| 0 comments
by AP and Roadcycling.com
Alberto Contador (Team Saxo Bank-SunGard). Photo Fotoreporter Sirotti.
Alberto Contador (Team Saxo Bank-SunGard). Photo Fotoreporter Sirotti.

Alberto Contador Submits Official Defense Documents in Doping Case

Alberto Contador has submitted his official defense for a failed 2010 Tour de France doping test, giving the Spanish Cycling Federation documents he claims will show clenbuterol contaminated meat is to blame.

Alberto Contador has submitted his official defense for a failed 2010 Tour de France doping test, giving the Spanish Cycling Federation documents he claims will show clenbuterol contaminated meat is to blame.

Alberto Contador spokesman Jacinto Vidarte earlier today said that Contador accompanied his lawyers to the federation's headquarters to hand over the necessary documentation.

The 27-year-old Spanish cyclist risks losing this year's Tour de France title and could face a two-year ban from pro road cycling if found guilty of using clenbuterol, a banned muscle-building and weight-loss steroid.

Contador says beef bought from Spanish border town Irun caused the failed July 21 test.

The Spanish Cycling Federation's disciplinary committee had opened the case earlier this month.

Your comments
Your comments
sign up or login to post a comment